Create, modify, and delete transmittal purposes
In the Transmittal Purpose Maintenance dialog box, you can create, modify, and delete commonly used purposes for sending transmittals. The purpose of the transmittal appears on the transmittal document and informs the recipient why the document has been sent. Creating transmittal purposes saves time, because you do not have to type the purposes manually each time that you create a transmittal in the Transmittals dialog box. Instead, you can select existing transmittal purposes in the Purpose list.
To access the Transmittal Purpose Maintenance dialog box, do the following:
Click the Maintenance ribbon tab.
On the menu, select .
Create a transmittal purpose
- Click New.
- Type a description fot the transmittal purpose.
- Click Add.
Modify a transmittal purpose
- In the list, select the transmittal purpose that you want to modify.
- Modify the purpose description according to your needs.
- Click Edit to save the changes.
Delete a transmittal purpose
Note that deleting a transmittal purpose is permanent and cannot be undone.
- In the list, select the transmittal purpose that you want to delete.
- Click Delete.
- To permanently delete the transmittal purpose, click Yes in the confirmation dialog box.