Get started with Tekla Tedds
Welcome, let's get you up and running with Tekla Tedds! Expand the relevant sections below for step-by-step instructions, videos, and useful links.
Create your Trimble Identity
You need a Trimble Identity to download the software and to use your online licenses:
- If you have received an email invitation from Trimble to create a Trimble Identity, follow the instructions in the email to create your account to ensure you have the correct access rights. If you have not received an invitation, create a new Trimble Identity using your work email address so you can download the software. Click here to create a new Trimble Identity. For more instructions, see Create your Trimble Identity.
- Go to your email, and click the activation link in the email you receive from
- After confirming your email, Log in at https://account.tekla.com/, fill in all the required profile information, and click Save.
Here's a short video showing you the simple steps required in Using Tekla subscription licenses.
If you are responsible for managing Tekla Tedds users and online licenses, add users to your organization group in the Tekla Online Admin tool to give them full access to Tekla online services and the necessary online licenses. For more information on the Admin tool and online licenses, see Manage Trimble Identities and Tekla Online licenses.
Download and install Tekla Tedds
Tekla Tedds administrators can distribute the software using a customized installation that contains your company settings. For more information, see How can I centrally deploy Tekla software.
Note: To ensure a good experience using our software, make sure your computer meets the Tekla Tedds 2021 Hardware Recommendations.
- Download the installation package for Tekla Structural Design Suite from Tekla Downloads. Click Download for a guided experience that ensures you have all necessary steps covered.
- Run the Tekla Structural Design Suite installer.
- Follow the steps in the installation wizard taking particular care to select the correct License Method, see Install and license Tekla Tedds for more details.
Important: If you are upgrading an existing Tekla Tedds version, you existing version will be removed, see: Upgrade to a new version.
Start using Tekla Tedds
- Start Tekla Tedds and log in using your Trimble Identity when prompted. You must sign in if you have a Tekla Online License
You are now ready to start using Tekla Tedds:
- For a brief introduction to Tekla Tedds, see Get familiar with Tekla Tedds.
Learn Tekla Tedds
To get you started quickly, we have several learning resources available for you.
First steps learning in Tekla User Assistance
In-depth training with your local Tekla reseller
When you know the basics, contact your local Tekla reseller for in-depth training that will take your productivity to the next level.
Introduction to Tekla Support Services
Questions? Help is at hand:
- Tekla User Assistance provides one-stop access to the full product documentation, video tutorials, basic elearning courses, and technical support articles written by our customer support professionals around the world.
- Tekla discussion forum is the place to meet other users and discuss topics related to Tekla products. You can ask questions, contribute to the community by sharing your knowledge or get answers from support personnel.
- Tekla helpdesks support the customers' daily operations so that our systems function as expected and any problems are solved as quickly as possible.
Collaboration and Integration Keep You Connected
Tekla Tedds is strong on collaboration and integration: