Get started with Tekla Structures
Welcome, let's get you up and running with Tekla Structures! Expand the relevant sections below for step-by-step instructions and useful links.
Create your Trimble Identity
You need a Trimble Identity to download the software and to use your online licenses:
- If you have received an email invitation from Trimble to create a Trimble Identity, follow the instructions in the email to create your account to ensure you have the correct access rights. If you have not received an invitation, create a new Trimble Identity using your work email address so you can download the software. Click here to create a new Trimble Identity. For more instructions, see Create your Trimble Identity.
- Go to your email, and click the activation link in the email you receive from
- After confirming your email, Log in at https://account.tekla.com/, fill in all the required profile information, and click Save.
Here's a short video showing you the simple steps required in Using Tekla subscription licenses.
If you are responsible for managing Tekla Structures users and online licenses, add users to your organization group in the Tekla Online Admin tool to give them full access to Tekla online services and the necessary online licenses. For more information on the Admin tool and online licenses, see Manage Trimble Identities and Tekla Online licenses.
Download and install Tekla Structures
- To ensure a good experience using our software, make sure your computer meets the Tekla Structures Hardware Recommendations.
- Download the installation package for Tekla Structures and at least one of the Tekla Structures environments from Tekla Downloads. At the site, click Download for a guided experience that ensures you have all necessary files.
- Run the Tekla Structures installer.
- Follow the steps in the installation wizard taking particular care to select the correct License Method. See Install and license Tekla Structures if you need more detailed instructions.
- If you have on-premises licenses, you must now install licensing tools on your own hardware and activate the licenses. For instructions, see Tekla Structures on-premises licensing.
Start using Tekla Structures
- Start Tekla Structures and log in using your Trimble Identity when prompted.
- Tekla Structures asks you to choose the type of license to use. Proceed with the default online license option.
- Online licenses are stored in Trimble's cloud service. Licenses can be from your Tekla Online organization, or assigned to you as an external license user in some other organization.
- If you purchase your own licenses, you can manage them in the Admin tool. The administrator user(s) in your company are responsible for joining other users to the organization and assigning the licenses to them. For more instructions, see Manage Trimble Identities and Tekla Online licenses.
After license selection, a dialog box where you choose your Tekla Structures setup appears.
- The Environment list contains the environments you have downloaded and installed. These contain localized tools and settings related to your work, such as profiles.
- The Role selection defines program settings, such as the ribbon layout.
- The Configuration list includes the configurations you are licensed to use. These define which Tekla Structures features you can use.
You are now ready to start using Tekla Structures:
Learn Tekla Structures
To get you started quickly, we have several learning resources available for you.
First steps learning in Tekla User Assistance
Basic elearning courses at Tekla User Assistance allow you to practice Tekla Structures at your own pace. To get a quick overview of the basics, check out the First steps with Tekla Structures course.
Tekla Training Content at Learn.Trimble.com
To start your learning journey, use your Trimble Identity to login and enroll to Tekla training courses at Learn.Trimble.com.
You can browse both elearning and instructor led training courses in the Tekla course catalog.
Further training with your local Tekla reseller
If you haven’t yet found what you’re looking for at Learn Trimble.com, or would like to know more about any of the Tekla training courses, contact your local Tekla reseller who will be happy to help you.
Introduction to Tekla Support Services
Questions? Help is at hand:
- Tekla User Assistance provides one-stop access to the full product documentation, video tutorials, basic elearning courses, and technical support articles written by our customer support professionals around the world.
- Tekla discussion forum is the place to meet other users and discuss topics related to Tekla products. You can ask questions, contribute to the community by sharing your knowledge or get answers from support personnel.
- In case you have support questions or other feedback related to Tekla products, please contact your local Tekla office or reseller.
Collaboration Tools Keep You Connected
Tekla Structures is strong on collaboration:
- Share project files and deliverables between all project members: Trimble Connect Business is included in your Tekla Structures subscription. For more information on how you can use Trimble Connect from within Tekla Structures, see Trimble Connector.
- Collaborative modeling anywhere: start your free evaluation of Tekla Model Sharing now. For more information on how Tekla model sharing works, see What is Tekla Model Sharing and Work with Tekla Model Sharing.