Get started with Tekla Structural Designer
Welcome, let's get you up and running with Tekla Structural Designer! See the sections below for step-by-step instructions and useful links.
Before you start, make sure that you have completed the following steps:
- Sign in with your Trimble Identity, or create one if you do not have one already. Make sure you check your emails to verify your account.
- Download and install Tekla Structural Designer. You can check our Hardware recommendations here.
- Make sure that you have a license assigned to you. Watch this video to see how.
Are you the administrator for your organization? As the administrator, you send Trimble Identity invitations to your colleagues and assign licenses to them. Watch this video to see how.
Next, simply launch the software, log in with your Trimble Identity so you can access your online license, and get started!
Having issues with any of the steps above? Open a support case here.
To get started with using Tekla Structural Designer quickly, visit Trimble Learn, our online training platform. When prompted to sign in to Trimble Learn, use the Trimble ID option, as highlighted below.
- The best place to start learning is with our First Steps with Tekla Structural Designer eLearning course.
- After you have completed the First Steps course, or if you already know the basics, you can develop your skills by completing one of our free Tekla Structural Designer Fundamentals eLearning course.
- Browse further eLearning and instructor-led training courses in the Tekla course catalog.
You can also contact your local Tekla reseller for details about any further training requirements that you may have.
After you have learned the basics of Tekla Structural Designer, it's time to start using it for your own projects!
- If you need assistance, we have a variety of Online Support Services available to help you.
- You have full access to Tekla User Assistance, our online searchable database of product documentation, video tutorials, and FAQ support articles.
- The Tekla Online Side Pane provides you with guidance and assistance from directly within the software.
- Still need some help? You can contact your local Technical Support Team from inside Tekla Structural Designer using the Support Tool, or you can open a support case here.
- See what's new in the latest version of Tekla Structural Designer.
Do you want to start a trial of other Tekla products?
Do you have any questions, concerns or feedback?
Please let us know by completing this form.