Get started with Tekla Structural Designer
Welcome, let's get you up and running with Tekla Structural Designer! Expand the relevant sections below for step-by-step instructions, videos, and useful links.
Create your Trimble Identity
You need a Trimble Identity to download the software and to use your online licenses:
- If you have received an email invitation from Trimble to create a Trimble Identity, follow the instructions in the email to create your account to ensure you have the correct access rights. If you have not received an invitation, create a new Trimble Identity using your work email address so you can download the software. Click here to create a new Trimble Identity. For more instructions, see Create your Trimble Identity.
- Go to your email, and click the activation link in the email you receive from
- After confirming your email, Log in at https://account.tekla.com/, fill in all the required profile information, and click Save.
Here's a short video showing you the simple steps required in Using Tekla subscription licenses.
If you are responsible for managing Tekla Structural Designer users and online licenses, add users to your organization group in the Tekla Online Admin tool to give them full access to Tekla online services and the necessary online licenses. For more information on the Admin tool and online licenses, see Manage Trimble Identities and Tekla Online licenses.
Download and install Tekla Structural Designer
- To ensure a good experience using our software, make sure your computer meets the Tekla Structural Designer Hardware Recommendations.
- Download the installation package for Tekla Structural Design Suite from Tekla Downloads. Click Download for a guided experience that ensures you have all necessary steps covered.
- Run the Tekla Structural Design Suite installer.
- Follow the steps in the installation wizard taking particular care to select the correct License Method, see Install and license Tekla Structural Designer for more details.
If you are upgrading an existing Tekla Structural Designer version, you will also need to upgrade your local databases, see: Install the upgrade.
Start using Tekla Structural Designer
- Start Tekla Structural Designer and log in using your Trimble Identity when prompted. You must sign in if you have a Tekla Online License
You are now ready to start using Tekla Structural Designer:
- For a brief introduction to Tekla Structural Designer, see Get familiar with Tekla Structural Designer.
Learn Tekla Structural Designer
To get you started quickly, we have several learning resources available for you.
First steps learning in Tekla User Assistance
Simple Tutorials at Tekla User Assistance allow you to practice Tekla Structural Designer at your own pace. To get a quick overview of the basics, check out the First steps with Tekla Structural Designer course.
Tekla Training Content at Learn.Trimble.com
To start your learning journey, use your Trimble Identity to login and enroll to Tekla training courses at Learn.Trimble.com.
You can browse both elearning and instructor led training courses in the Tekla course catalog.
Further training with your local Tekla reseller
If you haven’t yet found what you’re looking for at Learn Trimble.com, or would like to know more about any of the Tekla training courses, contact your local Tekla reseller who will be happy to help you.