Get started with Tekla PowerFab
Welcome, let's get you up and running with Tekla PowerFab! Expand the relevant sections below for step-by-step instructions, videos, and useful links.
Create your Trimble Identity
You need a Trimble Identity to download the software and to use your online licenses:
- If you have received an email invitation from Trimble to create a Trimble Identity, follow the instructions in the email to create your account to ensure you have the correct access rights. If you have not received an invitation, create a new Trimble Identity using your work email address so you can download the software. Click here to create a new Trimble Identity.
- Go to your email, and click the activation link in the email you receive from
- After confirming your email, Log in at https://account.tekla.com/, fill in all the required profile information, and click Save.
Here's a short video showing you the simple steps required in Using Tekla subscription licenses.
If you are responsible for managing Tekla PowerFab users and online licenses, add users to your organization group in the Tekla Online Admin tool to give them full access to Tekla online services and the necessary online licenses. For more information on the Admin tool and online licenses, see Manage Trimble Identities and Tekla Online licenses.
Download and install Tekla PowerFab
- To ensure a good experience using our software, make sure you meet the Tekla PowerFab Recommended Server Requirements.
- Download the installation packages included in Tekla PowerFab from Tekla Downloads. At the site, click Download for a guided experience that ensures you have all necessary files.
- Run the installers.
Start using Tekla PowerFab
- Start Tekla PowerFab and log in using your Trimble Identity when prompted.
- If necessary, in the Configuration list of the Log In dialog box, select which configuration of Tekla PowerFab you want to use.
- Type your Tekla PowerFab username and password.Online licenses are stored in Trimble's cloud service. Licenses can be from your Tekla Online organization, or assigned to you as an external license user in some other organization.
- If you purchase your own licenses, you can manage them in the Admin tool. The administrator user(s) in your company are responsible for joining other users to the organization and assigning the licenses to them.
- Click Log In.
You are now ready to start using Tekla PowerFab:
Learn Tekla PowerFab
To get you started quickly, we have several learning resources available for you.
First steps learning in Tekla User Assistance
Basic elearning courses at Tekla User Assistance allow you to practice at your own pace. To get a quick overview of the basics, check out the First steps with Tekla PowerFab course.
Tekla Training Content at Learn.Trimble.com
To start your learning journey, use your Trimble Identity to login and enroll to Tekla training courses at Learn.Trimble.com.
You can browse both elearning and instructor led training courses in the Tekla course catalog.
Further training with your local Tekla reseller
If you haven’t yet found what you’re looking for at Learn Trimble.com, or would like to know more about any of the Tekla training courses, contact your local Tekla reseller who will be happy to help you.