Before you can start sharing your models in Tekla Model Sharing , you need to be logged in with your Trimble Identity in Tekla Structures. If you are not logged in, the Trimble Identity log in dialog box opens.
- Open a single-user model you want to share.
- On the File menu, click .
The Start sharing dialog box opens.
When you use Tekla Model Sharing for the first time and the on-premises sharing service is enabled, you need to select the service from the Service list. You can set up and use an on-premises service connection, or you can use the Tekla service. Tekla Model Sharing on-premises server requires a separate license and installation.
- If needed, enter a Code and a Description for the model.
- Code can be, for example, a site number, a project number, or an accounting number.
- Add Description according to your company conventions.
- Invite other users to share your model by entering their e-mail addresses to the Invite users box and set their user role either to Editor , Owner , Project viewer , or Viewer.
You can add several users at one go. Separate the e-mail addresses with semicolons. If you add several users at one go, they all get the same user role. The role can be changed later.
- Click the Add button to add the users to the model.
- Select whether to send a notification e-mail to the invited users. Select the Send e-mail notification to user. check box and write a message to the invited users, if needed.
- Click the Start button to start sharing your model.
The model is saved and written out to the sharing service.
Next time you open the model, you can open it