Add an Adobe postscript printer instance
To print to a .pdf file, you need to add a Adobe postscript printer instance in
Printer Catalog. This applies to printing when the advanced option
XS_USE_OLD_PLOT_DIALOG is set to
The instructions below apply when you are printing using
Printer Catalog printer instances, which means that you have set the advanced option
- On the File menu, click .
- In Printer Catalog, click Add.
- Enter a new printer instance name followed immediately (no spaces) by @ and the folder where Adobe Distiller should look for files. For example, A4_PDF@c:\plots\pdf\in\ .
- Click Add.
- Click Browse... to access the Select Printer dialog box. Click the Adobe postscript printer driver and then OK.
- Set Paper size to By print area.
- Enter the print area in Print area h*b (height and width).
- Enter the file name extension ps.
- Select Black/white, Gray Scale or Color as the color.
- Click Color table... to change the pen sizes of different colors, if needed.
- Click Update.
- Click OK.
- Confirm that you want to save the changes to the model folder.