Add a print-to-file instance
To print to a file, you need to add a print-to-file printer instance in
Printer Catalog. This applies to printing when the advanced option
XS_USE_OLD_PLOT_DIALOG is set to
- On the File menu, click .
- In Printer Catalog, click Add.
Enter a printer instance name for the printer driver, followed immediately (no spaces) by
@path\folder\. The folder must already exist. For example,
You can also leave the folder out. If you do this, Tekla Structures prints the file in the current model folder or in the folder specified for the advanced option
XS_DRAWING_PLOT_FILE_DIRECTORYoverrides the folder defined in the Printer Catalog.
- Click Add.
- Click Browse... to access the Select Printer dialog box and click a printer driver that is configured to print to file and then click OK.
- In Paper size, select By print area.
- Enter the print area in Print area h*b (height and width).
- Enter a file name extension, for example, plt for a print file.
- Select Color, Gray Scale or Black/white as the color.
- Click Color table... to change the pen sizes of different colors, if needed.
- Click Update.
- Click OK.
- Confirm that you want to save changes to the model folder.
One way to send different drawing sizes to different folders is to set up a Microsoft Windows printer to print to file for each paper size you will use. Enter a different destination folder for each paper size in the Printer instances list in Tekla Structures.