Share models and files
Tekla Structures supports sharing your work in several ways, whether you want to work together on a Tekla Structures model or exchange model information with third-party products.
To work together on your Tekla Structures models with other users:
- Tekla Model Sharing allows you and other users to simultaneously work on the same Tekla Structures model stored in the cloud. This is the best sharing solution especially if you have Tekla Structures users working in different locations or if you need to give access to external users.
- In Multi-user mode, you and other users can simultaneously work on the same Tekla Structures model stored on a shared network drive. This is good sharing solution when you need to share the model with internal users who all mainly work in one location.
- Trimble Connect is a cloud service that allows you to store and share all information related to the project and can be used with various software, including Tekla Structures. The Trimble Connector in Tekla Structures allows you to upload and download models to/from the Trimble Connect cloud. This is a good solution when you need to share your work, but you do not have several Tekla Structures users working on the same model at the same time.
- You can also use Tekla Warehouse to efficiently exchange content that you use in your Tekla Structures models (templates, parts, components, etc.) separately from the model.
Tekla Structures is highly interoperable. If you need to exchange model information with users of other software or systems, you can import and export information in many standard file formats or even establish a direct link with several other products.
- In most cases, the format used for the exchange is a general industry standard format supported by many different tools.
- Formats may be supported for import, export or both. See Compatible file formats and software with Tekla Structures for a listing. There you can also find tables of supported software listing the options you have for sharing data with many commonly used tools.
- When you are ready to exchange data, see Import to and export from Tekla Structures
- You can install new capabilities such as new import and export formats or direct links to other software from the Tekla Warehouse.
- If your organization has a capable programmer, you can even add your own customized import and export formats or direct links to other software and systems using Tekla Open API.