Install Tekla license server - manual installation
Use manual installation if you want to separately install the license server, modify the license file, configure the license server, and start the license server software. In manual installation of Tekla license server, you also install two files: installanchorservice.exe and uninstallanchorservice.exe. You need these files when you manually install or uninstall FlexNet Licensing Service.
For example, you need to install the license server manually if the default TCP/IP port 27007 is already in use by other services or applications, and you need to define another port in the license file tekla.lic.
Before you start license server installation, stop other FlexNet licensing services.
To install the license server manually:
- To download the license server installation package with the latest updates, go to Tekla Downloads, select the Tekla Structures version, and click All downloads. On the next page, select License server as the File type and click Apply filter. Then select the License server.
- Select the installation language.
- Select Manual as the licensing server installation type and complete the installation.
- Go to the Start menu or Start screen (depending on your Windows operating system) and open Command Prompt as administrator.
At the command prompt, enter the following commands:
cd /d %SYSTEMDRIVE%\Tekla\License\Server
The licensing server is installed.
Modify the license file to include the hostname or IP address of the server, and the correct TCP/IP port:
- Open the ..\Tekla\License\Server folder on the server computer.
- Open the tekla.lic (license file) file with a text editor.
localhoston the line
SERVER localhost ANYwith the hostname (computer name) or IP address of the license server.
Enter the TCP/IP port number after text
SERVER server_hostname ANY.
- Save the changes and close the text editor.
- Go to Start menu or Start screen, depending on your Windows operating system. through the
- On the Service/License File tab, click Configuration using Services.
Config Services tab to configure the licensing service:
- In the Service Name box, enter the name of the service exactly as follows: Tekla Licensing Service.
Browse buttons to locate the
lmgrd.exe (license server manager),
By default, lmgrd.exe, tekla.lic and tekla_debug.log are located in the C:\Tekla\License\Server folder.
Note that if you set Path to the debug log file outside the "C:\ProgramData\..." folder, you get an error message: "Windows preferred path <SystemDrive>\ProgramData to store service data is not set." This error message can be ignored.
- Select the Use Services check box to run the licensing service as a Windows service.
- Select the Start Server at Power Up check box to start the licensing service automatically after Windows startup.
Save Service to save the settings.
Go to the
Start/Stop/Reread tab and click
Start Server to start the license server.
Go to the
Server Status tab and click
Perform Status Enquiry.
In the status list, the line License server status shows the TCP/IP port and hostname of the license server.
Now you can activate the licenses and connect Tekla Structures to the license server.
You can also change the language of the user interface in Tekla License Administration Tool by opening the tool and clicking Language.