Model weld properties in drawings
You can select which model welds are visible in drawings and drawing views, and set the weld color and line type.
To go to weld properties:
- On the Drawings & reports tab, click , select the drawing type and navigate to weld properties.
- In an open drawing, double-click the drawing view frame, and click Weld in the options tree.
- In an open drawing, double-click the drawing background, and navigate to weld properties.
- Double-click a weld in an open drawing.
- In Quick Launch, start typing weld properties, and then select Drawing weld properties from the list.
The following table lists all weld settings on all property levels (drawing, view, object). All weld properties do not contain all of the settings listed below.
|Content tab - Visibility|
Welds in sub-assemblies
Not visible does not display any welds in the selected view/drawing.
Site weld visible displays only site welds in the view/drawing.
Workshop weld visible displays only workshop welds in the view/drawing
Both visible displays both site welds and workshop welds in the view/drawing.
|Weld size limit||
Enter a weld size limit to filter welds of that size and smaller out of the drawing. This is useful when you only want to show non-typical welds in a drawing.
To set whether the weld size is an exact or minimum value, use the advanced option XS_WELD_FILTER_TYPE.
To filter out a standard weld type, use the advanced option XS_OMITTED_WELD_TYPE.
|Content tab: Representation|
Select Path or Outline.
You can also select whether to show Hidden lines or Own hidden lines.
Weld solids are shown in drawings in the following cases:
|Appearance tab: Visible lines|
|Color||Sets the color of the weld lines.|
|Type||Sets the type of the weld lines.|
|Appearance tab: Hidden lines|
|Color||Sets the color of the hidden lines.|
|Type||Sets the type of the hidden lines.|