Define or modify the axis location of an analysis part
You can define and modify the analysis axis location of individual parts. The analysis axis defines the location of an analysis part in relation to the corresponding physical part. For example, the analysis part can be located on the neutral axis or the reference line of the physical part.
Before you start:
In the Analysis & Design Models dialog box, select the analysis model in which you want to modify the analysis part properties.
For the selected analysis model, ensure that Member axis location is set to Model default in the Analysis Model Properties dialog box.
- In the physical model, select a part.
- Right-click and select Analysis Properties.
In the part’s analysis properties dialog box:
- Go to the Position tab.
- In the Axis list, select an option.
- In the Keep axis position list, define whether the part’s analysis axis can move, and in which direction when the part is connected with other parts.
- If needed, use the Axis modifier boxes to define whether the axis is bound to global coordinates, to the nearest grid line, or neither.
- Click Modify.
Alternatively, you can modify the analysis axis location of parts by using keyboard shortcuts that move analysis parts in relation to the corresponding physical parts. First select analysis parts in the active analysis model, and then use the following keyboard shortcuts:
To move the analysis parts up, press Alt+arrow up.
To move the analysis parts down, press Alt+arrow down.
To move the analysis parts to the left, press Alt+arrow left.
To move the analysis parts to the right, press Alt+arrow right.