Filter information in the Combining dialog box
You can create filter settings to only show certain types of items in the Combining dialog box.
- In the Combining dialog box, click the Combining ribbon tab.
- On the menu, select Filter.
- To only display specific types of items, in the Combining Filters dialog box, select a filter type in the Type list, and click Select.
Use the arrows at the center to move the items that you want to
show to the Included side of the dialog box.
The items in the Included list will be shown when you apply the filter.
If you want to further filter the information displayed in the Combining dialog box, repeat steps 3 to 5 for different items. Note that only items that match the items in the Included list will be available when setting more filters.
If you want to clear all filter settings, click Reset.
To save commonly used filters,
do the following:
- Click Filter Types in the lower-left corner.
- Click New.
- Type a description for the filter type.
Create the filter
For more information, see steps 3 to 5.
- Click Add.
To close the dialog
box, click the Close button (X) in the upper-right
The newly created filter type is selected in the Filter Types list.
- To apply the filter type, click Set.
According to your needs, do one
of the following:
- To use the filter, click Apply Filter.
- To use the filter in the job and save it until a new filter is set or the filter is
cleared, click Apply Filter & Save.
Note that the filter will remain in use even if you close and re-open the job. After you clear the filters, the filter settings cannot be used again.
Only the items that you selected are shown in the Combining dialog box. To show all items again, click Clear Filters.
To delete all saved filters, click Reset at the bottom right corner of the Filter dialog box.