Filter information in the Inventory dialog box
Use the Filter command to only show the desired items in the Inventory dialog box. Filters can be handy for viewing specific inventory materials. You can reset the applied filters at any time by clicking Clear Filters at the upper-left corner of the dialog box, so that all items are displayed again.
Note that using filters only affects the way you see the Inventory dialog box, so you cannot accidentally change other users' settings.
- In the Inventory dialog box, click the Inventory ribbon tab.
On the menu, select
The Inventory Filters dialog box opens.
To filter the displayed items
according to selected criteria, select a filter type in the Type list, and click Select.
For some filter types, such as location, reference number, or heat number, you can also click Find and type the desired value in the blank field to use it. This way, you do not have to scroll through all the available items.
In the Filter dialog box, do one of the following depending on the filter
- Click the arrow buttons to move the items that you want to display to the Included list..
- Type the maximum and minimum values for the items that you want to display.
If you want to further filter the information displayed in the Inventory dialog box, repeat steps 3 to 5 for different items.
If you want to clear all filter settings, click Reset.
To save commonly used filters,
do the following:
- Click Filter Types in the lower-left corner.
- Click New.
- Type a description for the filter type.
Create the filter
For more information, see steps 3 to 5.
- Click Add.
To close the dialog
box, click the Close button (X) in the upper-right
The newly created filter type is selected in the Filter Types list.
- To apply the filter type, click Set.
According to your needs, do one
of the following:
- To use the filter, click Apply Filter.
- To use the filter in the job and save it until a new filter is set or the filter is
cleared, click Apply Filter & Save.
Note that the filter will remain in use even if you close and re-open the job. After you clear the filters, the filter settings cannot be used again.
The Estimating Filters dialog box closes, and the Inventory dialog box is filtered according to the settings you made.
To display all information in the Inventory dialog box again, click Clear Filters in the upper-left corner.