I cannot activate my Tekla Structural Designer PAK - The message "The product activation key you have entered is not a local computer locked license product activation key" is displayed. How can I resolve this?
Tekla Structural Designer
QuestionI have installed Tekla Structural Designer but when I try to activate my Product Activation Key (PAK) the message "The product activation key you have entered is not a local computer locked license product activation key" is displayed.
AnswerIf the PAK code you have received begins with "42334" or "52334" then this is a Server (network) license. This means that the license can be activated (and used) on one machine (this machine will become the 'license server'), and any other machine connected to your network can also use the license (see further below for information on how to do this).
Follow the steps below to install the License Server Manager and activate the PAK and configure Tekla Structural Designer to look to the server for the license:
Install the License Server Manager
- Download the License Service from our website here
- Install onto the machine which you wish to use as your license server with the options below - If Tekla Structural Designer is also used on this machine then include the third option
- When the installation is complete, launch the License Server Manager (Start > All Apps > Tekla > License Server Manager)
- Select the Activate page and follow the on-screen instructions to activate the license - close the License Server Manager when complete
Configure Tekla Structural Designer to "look" for a server (network) licenseTo configure Tekla Structural Designer to use a server (network) license, follow the steps below:
- Go to Start > All Apps > Tekla > System and User settings - this will launch the Software Licensing Configuration
- Select System > Products on the left, then on the right select Tekla Structural Designer
- Ensure that the License Method is set to Server and the server name is set to (Default)
- Select System > License Server page on the left, then on the right click Find - this should find your license server. Alternatively you can manually type the IP address of the server. If your machine is the license server, you can type the word "localhost" (without quotes) as your server name
- Close the Software Licensing Configuration and Launch Structural Designer