Configure Tekla license server manually
If you encounter problems during the Tekla license server installation, the license server may not start automatically. If this happens, you need to configure the license server manually using LMTOOLS.
To configure the Tekla license server manually:
- Go to Start menu or Start screen, depending on your Windows operating system. Start through the LMTOOLS with administrators rights.
- Go to the Service/License File tab and select Configuration using Services.
Go to the
Config Services tab and do the following:
Service Name: Select the licensing service. When working with Tekla license server, always select Tekla Licensing Service.
Path to the lmgrd.exe: Click Browse and locate lmgrd.exe. This file is by default located in the C:\Tekla\License\Server folder.
Path to the license exe: Click Browse and locate tekla.lic. This file is by default located in the C:\Tekla\License\Server folder.
Path to the debug log file: Click Browse and locate tekla_debug.log.
This file is by default located in the C:\Tekla\License\Server folder.
To append the logging entries in the debug log file, start the debug log file name path with the plus sign (+), like by default for tekla_debug.log. If the plus sign is missing, the log file will be rewritten each time the service is started.
Note that if you set Path to the debug log file outside the "C:\ProgramData\..." folder, you get an error message: "Windows preferred path <SystemDrive>\ProgramData to store service data is not set." This error message can be ignored.
Use Services: Select the check box to run the licensing service as a Windows service.
Start Server at Power Up: Select the check box to start the licensing service automatically after Windows startup.
- Click the Save Service button to save the settings.
Go to the
Utilities tab and do the following:
Vendor Name: Enter tekla (all letters lowercase).Path: Enter the name of the license server.
- If you run the license server and Tekla Structures on the same computer, enter @localhost. You can also enter the TCP/IP port, for example, 27007@localhost.
- If you run the license server and Tekla Structures on separate computers, enter the hostname of the license server, for example, @server_hostname.
- You can also enter the TCP/IP port of the license server, for example, 27007@server_hostname. You must define the port if you use another port than the default port.
- You can also enter several license servers. Separate the server names with a semicolon. For example, 27007@server_hostname;27007@localhost.
- Click the Override Path button to replace the existing license servers displayed in the status list on the Server Status tab.
Go to the
Start/Stop/Reread tab and start the license server by clicking
The status bar should display a message telling that server start was successful.
- Go to the Server Status tab and enquire the license server status by clicking Perform Status Enquiry.
The status list displayes the TCP/IP port and hostname of the license server. The list should indicate that license server is up and vendor daemon
tekla is up. The list also displays all the activated licenses on the server.