Select objects to include in a report using GUIDs
You can select objects to be included in reports by using their GUIDs (globally unique identifiers).
Create a template that is used for creating the report.
- On the File menu, click .
- In Template Editor, click .
- Select Textual template and click OK.
Add a row for the GUID.
Select a content type for the row and clicking OK.
Click OK.and enter the text guid:, Guid: or GUID:. Click
This enables the selecting of objects in the model.
Click Select Attribute dialog box appears prompting you to select an attribute for the value field.. Click a point to define the location of the field within the row. The
Select the attribute GUID and click OK.
- Add the required amount of other rows in the template.
Enter a name for the template and browse the folder that has been defined for the advanced option
XS_TEMPLATE_DIRECTORY. Use the file name extension
Create a report based on the report template you saved.
- On the Drawings & reports tab, click Reports.
- Select the report template you created from the list.
Create from all.
Tekla Structures displays the report.
Click a row that contains an GUID number in the report.
Tekla Structures selects the corresponding object in the active model view.