Rigorous slab deflection workflow
You perform rigorous slab deflection analysis in Tekla Structural Designer from the Slab Deflection toolbar.
The suggested workflow is as follows:
- Define the slab loading event sequences.
- Run a slab deflection analysis and review deflections for the
final load event.
You can analyze the current or selected level (sub-model) or choose to analyze every slab in the model. Obviously your choice has an effect on the time necessary to undertake the iterative slab deflection analysis.
- Define the slab deflection checks via the Slab Deflection Check Catalogue and then place Check lines as required.
- Graphically review the Slab deflection status and utilization.
- Make adjustments as necessary until the status passes. For more information, see Slab deflection optimization.
Note: A reasonable level of slab reinforcement should be established prior to running the Slab Deflection Analysis as this will have a significant impact on the deflection calculations.