Restrict inventory locations
You can restrict the possible primary and secondary locations to ensure that everyone uses the same location information. Note that these settings will not affect any existing locations already in use.
- Click the Maintenance ribbon tab.
- On the menu, select Inventory > Location Restrictions.
- In the Location Restrictions dialog box, click New.
- Type the primary location in the Location box.
- Type the secondary location in the Secondary Location box.
If you want to allow any
location either for the primary or secondary location, select the corresponding
For example, you might want to allow any primary location but only some secondary locations. Note that if you add a restriction and then add another line that allows any location, the restriction will not be effective.
- Click Add.