Open a purchase order
To view and modify the material items in a purchase order, you need to open the purchase order.
- At the top of the Tekla EPM window, click the Purchasing button.
- In the Select Requisition/Purchase Order dialog box, ensure that you are on the Purchase Orders tab.
- Select the purchase order that you want to open.
Do one of the following:
- At the bottom of the dialog box, click Open.
- Double-click the selected purchase order.
The PO # dialog box opens:
- a single piece of the selected item
- the selected items
- the currently displayed items
- the entire purchase order
(2) The mode switch button: the PO # dialog box has two modes: the input mode and the receive mode. In the input mode, you can add new material items and modify the existing ones. In the receive mode, you can mark material items as received or rejected.
To change the mode, click the button in the upper-left corner.
(3) The display area: shows all material items in the purchase order.
The visible columns and details are set in the Display Fields dialog box. ou can access the Display Fields dialog box via .
You can also modify the visible columns and the dialog box layout by right-clicking in the display area and selecting Customize grid in the context menu.
Note that a C in the leftmost column indicates that the material items have been combined.
(4) The input area: allows you to add properties for new material items and modify properties of existing material items. You can mark material items as received, rejected, or canceled.
When you select an item in the display area, its properties automatically populate the input fields.
The visible columns and details are set in the Input Fields dialog box. You can access the Input Fields dialog box via .
(5) The navigation tree: allows you to only view specific items in the purchase order.
Click + to expand and select options in the navigation tree. When you select an option, only material items that match the selected properties are displayed in the display area.
For example, you can expand Shape and select HSS to only display hollow structural sections.
(6) Quantities received, rejected, and canceled: shows the material order information of the item selected in the display area. You can view the quantity of pieces that have been received, rejected, and canceled.