How to check the graphics card used for Tekla Structures
If your computer has more than one graphics card, you should always check that the correct card is used for Tekla Structures.
If you use DirectX rendering, you can choose to show the graphics card and current FPS (frames per second) values in the in the lower left corner of the model view. To show this info, enable the XS_SHOW_STATISTICS_IN_DX advanced option and reopen any DirectX view in which you want to show the statistics.
If you use OpenGL rendering or you don't want to enable the advanced option, you can also use the Windows Task Manager app to make sure your most powerful graphics card is in use.
- Open a model in Tekla Structures.
- Open the Windows Task Manager app.
- If you see a More details button in the lower left corner, click it. You should see the apps in a table with details on their resource usage.
- Check the GPU Engine column for Tekla Structures to see the number of the GPU that is currently active, e.g., GPU 0 - 3D.
- If the column is not visible, right-click any of the visible column headers and select the column from the list that opens.
- If the column is blank, rotate or zoom your model in a 3D view and the information should appear.
- Check which graphics card corresponds to the number on Task Manager's Performance tab.
In this case, GPU 0 is an Intel integrated graphics card, which is less powerful than the dedicated Radeon card labeled as GPU 1 and therefore Tekla Structures should be running on GPU 1.
If the incorrect graphics card is used, see this support article for further instructions.