Create, modify, and delete production codes used in a production control job
In the PDC Production Codes dialog box, you can create new production codes for the production control job, or modify and delete existing production codes. You can override the estimated man hours and use aggregate units to calculate the planned labor time on a job. This labor time can then be used in production schedules and project schedules.
To assign production codes to material items, use the Global Edit command. For more information, see Modify multiple production control items.
Open the PDC Production Codes dialog box
- In the Production Control dialog box, click the Production Control ribbon tab.
- On the menu, select .
The PDC Production Codes dialog box opens.
Create a production code
- Click New.
In the Production
Code field, type an abbreviation for the production code.
For example, you can use B1 for beams or C1 for columns.
- Type a description for the production code.
If you want to use aggregate units for the planned hours instead of the
original estimated hours, do the following:
- Select the Override Man Hours check box.
- Type the man hours in the field.
- To change the aggregate units used, right-click the field and select the suitable units in the context menu.
The estimated hours are always created in the estimate. They are not overwritten by the production code properties.
The planned hours that you define here are automatically used in the project schedule. However, if you link the production control to a matching estimate, the estimated hours are automatically used in the project schedule.
- Click Add.
The new production code is added.
Modify a production code
- Select the production code that you want to modify.
- Modify the production code name, description, man hours, and aggregate units according to your needs.
- Click Save to update the properties.
Delete a production code
Note that deleting a production code is permanent and cannot be undone.
- Select the production code that you want to delete.
- Click Delete.
- In the confirmation dialog box, click Yes to permanently delete the production code.