Modify a 2D analysis model
Tedds allows you to make changes to an existing 2D analysis model, if necessary. To modify a 2D analysis model, you must have the 2D analysis dialog box open. For more information, see the following instructions.
Modify a group of cells
You can modify both cells that have a numeric value and cells that have some other sort of content. This may mean cells with text, or cells for which you select the desired option in a list.
- Hold down the Ctrl key, and select the cells that you want to modify.
- Still holding down the Ctrl key, change the value in one of the selected cells.
- Press Enter to update all cells to the new value.
- Release the Ctrl key.
In addition to numerical values, you can type mathematical expressions in the cells of the 2D analysis dialog box.
If the expression starts with an operator, the current value of the cell will automatically be prefixed to the expression.
=+1 adds 1 to the current value.
=+500 mm' adds 500 mm to the current value.
=*2' multiplies the current value by 2.
= L assigns the value of the variable L.
To modify expressions, see the following instructions.
- Select the cells that you want to modify.
= and the expression.
For example, = +1.
- Press Enter to update the selection.
You can easily sort data in any column of the 2D analysis dialog box by clicking the column header.
- To sort the data in a column in ascending order, click the column header once.
- To sort the data in a column in descending order, click the column header twice.
If you modify the value of a cell in a currently sorted column, the modified cell may move in the list because its value changes the sort order.