Visualize job information with Trimble Connect for Browser
You can use Trimble Connect for Browser with Tekla PowerFab Go to visualize your jobs as IFC models and interact with the models in several ways. For example, you can highlight and color-code items according to their production statuses, labor codes, or sequences.
To launch Trimble Connect for Browser from Tekla PowerFab Go:
- On the homepage, scroll to the job whose assemblies you want to view.
The job information view opens.
- In the upper-right corner, click the Trimble Connect button .
- On the Projects page, double-click the Trimble Connect project whose 3D model view you want to see.
- To show the attached IFC models, open the model list and click the icon next to each model that you want to show.
Highlight items with Trimble Connect Organizer
To open the
Organizer side pane, click Organizer in the Trimble Connect side pane.
In the Organizer
side pane, expand the necessary categories and select the categories whose
items you want to highlight.
To select more than one category at a time, hold down Ctrl when selecting categories.
For example, you can select the labor code B - Bolted Clips On Both Ends and sequence 1 to highlight and zoom to all items with labor code B that belong to the production sequence 1.
Color-code items with Trimble Connect Content Browser
- In the Trimble Connect side pane, click Data Table.
To configure what
information is shown in Content Browser:
- At the top of the Content Browser pane, click the Columns button.
- If necessary, remove the current columns by clicking Remove All on the right side of the Visible Columns list.
- Find a column that you want to show in the Content Browser pane by scrolling the All Columns list, or by typing a search word in the Filter Columns field.
- Select the column.
Hold down the left
mouse button, drag the column to the Visible
Columns list, and release the left mouse button.
Repeat steps c to e for all columns that you want to show.
- To save your changes, click OK at the bottom of Column Picker.
To set how the items are grouped in the 3D model:
- Select a column in Content Browser and hold down the left mouse button.
Drag the column to
the Group by box, and release the left mouse
The column name appears in the Group by box, and the objects are sorted according to the selected criterion. By default, groups and objects are shown in alphabetical order.
You can also drag another column to the Group by box. In this case, the objects are sorted to both of the selected criteria.
If you want to reverse the order of the objects, click the column name in the Group by box.
- To color-code the items in the 3D view, at the top of Content Browser, click Colorize.
The objects on all rows of Content Browser are color-coded in the 3D view. The color that is used for each row is shown on the right side of the row title.
In the following image, you can see items grouped and color-coded by production sequence.