Combine materials in the Production Control module
You can mult and nest materials using the Combine command. You can then save and review the combining results.
- In the Select Production Control Job dialog box, open a job.
Click the Production Control ribbon tab and select Combine
The Select Combining Run dialog box opens. When you are performing the first combining run for a combining job, the list in the dialog box is empty.
Click a desired combining option
to select it.
The options are:
- Mult: Combines linear items, like beams and angles.
- Nest: Combines items that have area, like plates or gratings.
- Mult & Nest: Combines all items.
The Combining Run Filters dialog box opens.Note: Filtering items is optional, so you can skip steps 4 to 7 if you do not want to filter out items from the combining run.
- To only combine specific types of materials, select a filter type in the Type list, and click Select.
In the Filter dialog box, do one of the following depending on the filter type:
- Click the arrow buttons to move the items that you want to combine to the Included list.
- Type the maximum and minimum values for the items that you want to combine.
OK to apply the filter.
Repeat steps 4 to 6 for each filter type that you want to set.
To ensure that you are using the
correct settings, click the Optimizations, INV Filter, and Suppliers buttons.
You can modify the settings.
- In the Combining Run Filters dialog box, click OK.
- To combine the materials, click the button at the bottom of the Combining Run Filters dialog box, or press F4.
Tekla PowerFab combines the materials. After the combining process is finished, the Combining Run Results dialog box opens.
- Piece mark items included with the selected stock lengths are displayed at the lower-left section of the dialog box.
- Combining results are shown in both the display area and in the summary grid at the lower-right section of the dialog box.
- The material cost represents the pricing of the materials in the pricing database that was used in the combining run.