Manage Tekla PowerFab user permissions
After creating a new Tekla PowerFab user, the administrator has to manage the user permissions and roles before the user can access any module.
User permissions dialog box
The User Permissions dialog box has multiple tabs that represent the different modules and features of Tekla PowerFab. This way, the user permissions can be set separately for each module.
The tabs are divided into sections that represent different parts of the module or feature. This allows you to give the user permissions to only perform particular actions related to the module.
- Select: When selected, allows the user to select and filter information, such as material items.
- Insert: When selected, allows the user to add new information.
- Update: When selected, allows the user to modify existing information.
- Delete: When selected, allows the user to delete information.
For example, to allow the user to select items and add items in a combining job, select the Select and Insert checkboxes in the Combining Items section of the Combining tab. If only the Select and Insert checkboxes were selected, the user could not modify or delete combining items, so the Edit and Delete buttons would not be available.
Edit user permissions
- Go to .
- On the Tekla PowerFab Users tab, select the user whose permissions you want to modify.
Note that if the user has been assigned a role, their permissions cannot be modified individually, so the Edit Permissions button is inactive.
At the top of the User
Permissions dialog box, select the Allow Tekla PowerFab Login checkbox.
When logging in to Tekla PowerFab has been allowed for the user, you can modify the other permissions.
To modify the user
permissions, do any of the following:
Select the permissions one by one
- Click a tab at the top of the User Permissions dialog box to open it.
- Select checkboxes next to the permissions that
you want to give to the user.
You can also click the A (all) and N (none) buttons to select or clear all checkboxes in a section. This way, you can quickly give the user all or no permissions to that part of the module or feature.
- Repeat steps a to b on all necessary tabs.
Select multiple permissions at once
Do one of the following:
- To allow the user to perform an action anywhere in the selected module, click the desired button at the bottom of the current tab.
- To allow the user to perform an action anywhere in Tekla PowerFab, click the desired button at the bottom of the dialog box.
For example, when the Update All checkbox is selected at the bottom of a tab, the user can modify information in all parts of the module.
However, if the Update All checkbox is selected at the bottom of the User Permissions dialog box, the user can modify information in all modules of Tekla PowerFab.
Copy the permissions of another Tekla PowerFab user
- At the lower-right corner of the dialog box, click the arrow on the right side of the Copy Permissions From list.
- Select the desired user in the list.
- Click OK.
Give all possible permissions
- In the lower left-hand corner of the dialog box, select the Administrator checkbox.
- Click Save to save the permissions.
- To close the dialog box, click the Close button (X) in the upper-right corner.