Create, modify, and delete commonly used text items for transmittals
In the Transmittal Standard Text Maintenance dialog box, you can create, modify, and delete commonly used text items that can be added to transmittal documents. For example, a text item can contain information on how quickly the recipient should react to the transmittal. Creating text items saves time, because you do not need to type the text each time you create a similar transmittal in the Transmittals dialog box. Instead, you can select an applicable text item in the Standard Text list.
Note that you can only add one text item per transmittal.
To access the Transmittal Standard Text Maintenance dialog box, do the following:
Click the Maintenance ribbon tab.
On the menu, select .
See any of the following sets of instructions according to your needs.
Create a text item
- Click New.
In the Description field, type a name for the text item.
This name will appear in the Standard Text list of the Transmittals dialog box.
- In the Standard Text field, type the text that you want to include in the text item.
- Click Add.
Modify a text item
- In the list, select the text item that you want to modify.
- Modify the description and text according to your needs.
- Click Edit to save the changes.
Delete a text item
Note that deleting a standard text item is permanent and cannot be undone.
- In the list, select the text item that you want to delete.
- Click Delete.
- To permanently delete the text item, click Yes in the confirmation dialog box.