Tekla Structures 2022 Switzerland Environment Release Notes
Below you will find the release notes of the Swiss environment for Tekla Structures 2022.
Please also note the release notes of the service packs since Tekla Structures 2021 - here.Back to top
1.1 Firm folder
Since 2021-SP7, there is a subfolder "Ribbons". In this folder you can store ribbons you have created yourself, which are to be used by the whole company. Please note that the saved ribbons are always related to a specific licence/configuration (e.g. Steel_Detailing). If you do not want to store complete ribbons but only individual tabs, use the corresponding subfolders "CustomTabs/Modeling" or "CustomTabs/Drawing".
To transfer an existing firm folder to the new version, we recommend that you use the BuildingPoint Admin Tool, which is installed with the Swiss environment. If you have not created your company folder with this tool, you should do so first. You can find more information on how to use it in this video.
The ribbons have been updated and adapted to the new functions. To update your own ribbons, proceed as explained here.
The function "Measure distance" is now integrated in all menu ribbons in the quick access:
All icons created for functions of the ribbons for the Swiss environment are now available as vector graphics. Accordingly, the icons are displayed sharply regardless of the screen resolution and the images remain available even if you save your own ribbons. You can find the additional graphics by searching for "Swi." in the icon gallery:
1.3 Property Pane
The property pane has been adapted for all objects. For example, you will now find an additional section "IFC Export", where you can select the IFC object class and the subtypes, among other things. More information on the subtypes and their usage can be found here.
We recommend that you recreate your own created property panes based on the new default settings.
1.4 IFC Export
IFC2x3: The default settings of the IFC export have been adapted so that the option "Exclude single part assemblies" has been deactivated in all attribute files. This also creates assemblies of parts that consist of a part and e.g. reinforcements or bolts.
IFC2x3: The quantity property sets have been revised and contain more meaningful quantities for walls and slabs.
IFC4: Due to the new features for IFC4 export, new export attribute files have been created, same to the settings for IFC2x3. We recommend primarily using the IFC4 export.
1.5 Attribute files
Due to the changes in the IFC export and the new IFC object classes as well as subtypes, all part settings have been updated. If you have defined your own default settings, you should adapt these changes and save them again. If you do not make any changes, the correct IFC object class is still used automatically.
Explanations of the meaning of the new IFC subtypes can be found here.Back to top
Beside the new functions in the Ribbons you will also find "Create NC-data" and "Convert DSTV files to DXF" under the "Reports" function in the "Drawing & Reports" tab.
More detailed description of the attributes can be found here.
CUSTOM.IS_BENT_PLATE: Returns the value 1 if it is a bent plate - This attribute considers various modelling variants.
CUSTOM.HAS_POLYBEAM_CHAMFER: Returns the value 1 if the chamfer of a polybeam contains rounding.
2.3 Attribute files
Rarely used drawing presets - for example presets of the general arrangement drawings have been removed:
Beside the new functions in the Ribbons you will also find "BVBS (.abs)" under the "Reports" function in the "Drawing & Report" tab.
A new macro has been created: "Clash check for tabuzones + Provision for voids". This checks the model or selected parts for collisions between tabuzones and IFC provision for voids from MEP. The two selection filters "Objekttyp_Sperrzone" and "Objekttyp_ProvisionForVoid" are used for this. The macro then opens the clash-manager and shows the clashes.
3.3 Attribute files
Wall layout: User-defined attributes have been updated and divided into separate tabs. Accordingly, all wall layout attribute files have been updated. If you have your own attribute files, you should check the settings and save them again.
Filter: "Art_Ortbeton" has so far only shown cast-in-place parts and associated objects - but not pours. This has been changed.
Filter: "Objekt_Streifenfundament" and "Objekt_Träger" now also filter poly-strip foundations and beams.
Object representation: "Betonieretappen" have been assigned new colours. In addition, this filter is now also available in the role "GER_Bauingenieur Ausführung" and "GER_Bauingenieur Vordimensionierung".Back to top
4.1 Property Pane
The rebar properties have been updated and thus the property pane has been updated as well. We recommend creating your own changes again based on the new templates.
Project attributes: There are three new attributes:
- Reinforcement position number (REBAR_NUM_TYPE): Define which attribute should be recognised as position number. If you do not specify anything, the position number will be calculated as before (before Tekla Structures 2022). Change this attribute if you want to work with the Reinforcement Numbering tool, for example.
- List number reinforcement (REBAR_LIST_NUM): If you want to use other values instead of the rebar prefix as list number.
- To Plan No. Reinforcement (REBAR_DRAW_NUM): If you want to use other values instead of the title 1 when creating the report.
UDA "Deliver unbent (DELIVERY_UNBENT)": Select Yes if you want the rebar to appear as straight rebar on the report regardless of geometry. Note that this only applies to the report, not to the ABS file.
Custom Properties: New custom properties have been created:
- CUSTOM.REBAR_NUMBER: Returns the rebar mark number according to your selection in the project attributes (see above).
- CUSTOM.REBAR_LIST_NUM: Returns the list number according to your selection in the project attributes (see above).
- CUSTOM.REBAR_DRAW_NUM: Returns the plan number according to your selection in the project attribute (see above).
- CUSTOM.REBAR_COUNT_OF_BARS: Returns the total number of bars of this position in the whole model. Note that this attribute can significantly affect performance, e.g. when creating an IFC file, as it has to check all rebars in the entire model. We recommend using this macro instead: Rebar- Total number per Position
- CUSTOM.REBAR_LABELING: Returns a text similar to the label on drawings. The scheme is defined in the file "Rebar_Label.rlab". Information on the syntax can be found here: Formelattribute.
- CUSTOM.MESH_LABELING: Returns a text similar to the label on drawings. The scheme is defined in the file "Mesh_Label.mlab". Information on the syntax can be found here: Formelattribute.
4.3 Userdefined Components
Spacer: The component allows you to create spacer rebars in a wall. The width is calculated based on the width from the selected wall minus the distance left / right defined in the component.
New default settings have been defined for the components "Lagerlänge", "Spacers" and "Spacer". The option "No other nodes allowed" is now selected.
4.4 Attribute files
Rebar sets: Due to the new properties the default settings have been updated. If you have your own settings, you should check and save them again.
4.5 Rebar Shapes
If the standard pullout picture on the report does not meet your requirements, you can create your own rebar shapes and affect pullout picture on the report. To do this, create a shape in the rebar shape manager that begins with "SPEZ_".
4.6 Bar Bending Schedule
The Bar bending schedule has been substantially modified and should be recreated if you have saved one of your own in the firm folder.
The report is now translated into the current Tekla language.
The information for position, list number etc. is used based on the selection defined in the project attributes.
If you have selected the user-defined attribute "Deliver unbent" to "Yes" for rebars, this position is ordered as a straight bar, the length corresponds to the total length of the bar regardless of any bends. Note that the ABS files still contain bent rebars.
There is now an easier way to create special shapes. If you have defined a shape starting with "SPEZ_*" in the rebar shape manager, you can create a special pullout picture on the report. Detailed information can be found here.Back to top
5 New Extensions
- Multi BIM Publisher - Documentation
- Embeds- Documentationen of the tools can be accessed from Warehouse
- Flip Rebars - Documentation
- Macro: Clash between Tabu zone and Provision for voids - Checks for clashes between objects in filters "Objekttyp_Sperrzone" and "Objekttyp_ProvisionForVoid"
- Macro: Reimport UEL - imports again all UEL-files (e.g. Components) from all UEL-system paths.
- Component: Spacing - For Spacing bars in walls
- Component: Column heads - Creates Concrete heads above Columns