Manage Trimble Identities and Tekla Online licenses
As an administrator, you manage your organization's user accounts and ensure that your users have access to Tekla Online.
The tool you use to manage these account settings for Tekla products is called the Tekla Online Admin Tool.
Organization administrator responsibilities
Tekla Online administrators manage the access of the organization's users to Tekla Online services and licenses. One or more people in your organization can be administrators. The first user is invited to your organization group by a Trimble representative and given administrator rights and that person is then responsible for adding other users and administrators as necessary.
As an administrator, you are responsible for:
- Inviting employees to your organization group to allow them access to the following services:
- Tekla Online licenses, which are licenses connected to a Trimble Identity login. Tekla services and features that use Tekla Online licenses include Tekla Model Sharing, Tekla EPM, Trimble Connect, Tekla Structures Partner configuration, and Tekla Structures elearning courses.
- Tekla discussion forum.
- Part of the content in Tekla User Assistance and Tekla Warehouse.
- Removing people from your organization group when they no longer belong to your organization.
Add users to your organization group
User action is required, so if your users are not familiar with Trimble Identities and the account creation process, we recommend that you inform them before you send any invitations.
Users can only be employees in one organization group at a time. If a user is already an employee in some other organization group, joining your organization group removes the user from the other organization group. You can add the user as an external license user to just give the user access to a license. Adding a user as an external license user does not change the user's employee or external license user status with any other organizations.
There are alternative methods for adding the users:
- You can invite users by adding their email addresses yourself. The users need to click a link on a confirmation email.
- You can make a link available to your users, who can use it to request employee membership in your organization. The users must make the request and you must approve the requests.
- On the user account page, users can search for and request to join organizations as employees. The organizations that users can see are limited based on their email address. The users must be instructed to do this and you must approve the request.
Administrator: Log in
to the Tekla Online Admin Tool and switch to the
Employees or External license
Administrator: Invite users to join or make a membership request link available to them:
At the top of the table, click
Invite employees or
Invite users to enter the e-mail addresses and send the invitations.
- You can enter several addresses at the same time, for example: email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org
- It is not necessary for the users to have a Trimble Identity; new accounts are created based on your invitations if necessary.
- Trimble's system sends an e-mail to the invited users. Each user must click on the e-mail link to accept the invitation within one week (if the invitation expires, a new invitation must be sent). If a new account is created for a user, the user must fill in the mandatory profile information before proceeding.
To add users as employees, you can alternatively
Copy a link to request invitation.
- The link can be used by multiple people and it does not expire. You can for example email the link to multiple users or place it on your intranet.
- By following this link, users can only request to join your organization. You must approve the requests on the Requests and Invitations tab in the Tekla Online Admin Tool.
After an invited user has confirmed the invitation or an administrator has approved a user's request to join the organization:
- If you added the user as an employee, the organization's maintenance status is extended to the user for access to additional content and services.
- The user account appears on the user list and can now be given administrator privileges (employee users) or assigned a Tekla Online license (all users).
- At the top of the table, click Invite employees or Invite users to enter the e-mail addresses and send the invitations.
Resend an expired invitation
If the invited user does not accept the invitation within a week, the invitation link stops working. To be able to join the organization, the user must receive a new link.
Log in to the Tekla Online Admin Tool and switch to the
Requests and invitations tab.
Invitation statuses are:
- New: invitation is valid; the user has taken no action yet.
- Rejected: the user rejected the invitation.
- Expired: the user did not accept the invitation within one week.
- When the user accepts the invitation, it is removed from this list.
Find the expired invitation for the user and click
A new invitation e-mail is sent to the user with a new link that is valid for one week.Note: The previously expired link still does not work. The user must click the new link.
Remove users from your organization
- Log in to the Tekla Online Admin Tool and switch to the Employees tab.
Click the user account you want to remove.
Additional information and options are shown on the user's row.
Remove from organization to remove the user from your organization group.
The user is taken off your list, can no longer use your Tekla Online licenses and is no longer covered by your organization's maintenance.
Assign user rights or licenses
If your organization has a maintenance agreement, all users in your organization group have access to content and services which require maintenance. As an administrator, you can additionally assign other users administrator rights or give users access to your organization's Tekla Online licenses.
- Add the users to the Employees or External license users group as explained above.
status (employees only) or license for the user in the Tekla Online Admin Tool by selecting the checkbox on
the user's row.
Administrator rights allow a user to manage other users in the Tekla admin tool.Note: You are responsible for following the terms governing the use of each license, for example, geographic restrictions may apply and you must take this into account when assigning licenses to users.
Check Tekla Online license usage and expiry date
Tekla Online licenses are purchased and managed separately from Tekla Structures licenses.
Log in to the Tekla Online Admin Tool and switch to the
License details tab.
Check the license details.
There are two views you can cycle through by using the button above the
license information table.
- By default, you are in the License view. You can click each license to see details, such as the subscription period for your subscription licenses.
- Click the Usage view button to switch the
view and see a summary of license counts, number of assigned
licenses, and the current usage.
- Licenses are used by the specific named users that you select on the other tabs.
- License expiration warnings are also displayed to users in Tekla Structures when the expiration date is nearing for licensed features such as Tekla Model Sharing.