Add grade overrides
Grade overrides allow Tekla PowerFab to assign a specific unit weight for a particular dimension. Grade overrides should only be used for shapes that do not have linear unit weights, such as stainless steel.
When you add a grade override, the cost to discount is still applied to the job using the original length of the dimension.
- In the shape list in the Shape/Grade/Size Maintenance dialog box, select a shape.
- Open the Dimensions tab.
- In the Dimension list, select a dimension.
- Open the Grade Overrides tab on the right side of the dialog box.
- Click Add.
- In the Grade list of the Grade Override dialog box, select a grade.
- In the Override Unit Weight, type a weight.
- Click Save.
The new grade override is added to the material database and shown in the list on the Grade Overrides tab.