Create, modify, and delete paint types
In the Paint Maintenance dialog box, you can add, modify, and delete paint types that you want to use in estimating jobs. We recommend that you only add paint types that are regularly used in your shop to Paint Maintenance. If a paint type is only used in a particular estimating job, you can create a job-specific paint type instead.
To create job-specific paint types, see Modify an estimating job.
To access the Paint Maintenance dialog box, do the following:
Click the Maintenance ribbon tab.
On the menu, select .
The Paint Maintenance dialog box opens.
Create a new paint type
- In the Paint Maintenance dialog box, click New to add a new paint type.
- Type a description, manufacturer, container size, cost, coverage, and thickness for the paint type.
If the painting process requires more time than usually, enter a labor
The labor multiplier helps Tekla PowerFab to calculate the labor correctly.
The new painting type is added to the list.
Repeat steps 3 to 6 to add all regularly used paint types.
When you have created the necessary paint types, you can also create paint systems using the paint types. For more information, see Create paint systems.
Modify a paint type
- In the Paint Maintenance dialog box, select the paint type that you want to modify.
- Modify the properties of the paint type according to your needs.
- Click Save.
Delete a paint type
- In the Paint Maintenance dialog box, select the paint type that you want to delete.
- At the bottom of the dialog box, click Delete.
- To permanently delete the selected paint type, click Yes in the confirmation dialog box.