Add, modify, and delete Tekla EPM users
On the Tekla EPM Users tab of the Administration dialog box, administrators can add new users, modify the properties of the existing users, and delete any unnecessary users. The users' passwords can also be reset.
To manage Tekla EPM users, do the following:
- Click the File ribbon tab in the upper-left corner of the Tekla EPM window.
- On the File menu, select Administration.
Add a user
- On the Tekla EPM Users tab of the Administration dialog box, click New.
Define the user
The properties marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory information.
The username with which the user logs in to Tekla EPM.
Type the username in the Username field.
Note that the user name cannot be changed after the user has been added.
The user role assigned to the user. A role determines which permissions the users with that role have in Tekla EPM. For more information, see Add, modify, and delete user roles.
You can also modify the permissions individually for users. For more information, see Manage user permissions.
Click the arrow on the right side of Role list and select a role in the list.
The group which the user belongs to. For example, you can define groups for estimators and project managers.
Note that groups do not allow you to automatically assign permissions to the user.
Type the user group in the Group field.
First Name, Last Name
The first and last name of the user.
Type the appropriate names in the First Name and Last Name fields.
The email address that has been registered as the user's Trimble Identity.
The Trimble Identity is a user account that allows the user to access various Tekla Online services and other Trimble products.
For more information, see Trimble Identity for Tekla Online services.
Type the appropriate email address in the Trimble Identity field.
- Click Add.
The user is added to Tekla EPM.
When the users log in to Tekla EPM for the first time, they need to leave the Password field blank. Then, they need to set the new password in the Change Password dialog box.
Note that if you have not assigned roles to new users, they have no access to any information in Tekla EPM. You need to modify users' permissions to give them access to the necessary information and modules. For more information, see Manage user permissions.
Reset a user's password
If necessary, you can reset a user's password, so that they can create a new one the next time they log in to Tekla EPM.
Note that if the user remembers their current password, they can change the password by themselves at any time.
- On the Tekla EPM Users tab of the Administration dialog box, select the user whose password needs to be reset.
- Click Reset Password.
- To confirm resetting the password, click Yes in the confirmation dialog box.
When the user logs in after the password has been reset, they need to leave the Password field blank. Then, they need to set the new password in the Change Password dialog box.
Modify a user
- On the Tekla EPM Users tab of the Administration dialog box, select the user that you want to modify.
- Modify the user's role, group, first and last name, and Trimble Identity according to your needs.
- Click Save.
Delete a user
- On the Tekla EPM Users tab of the Administration dialog box, select the user that you want to delete.
- Click Delete.
- To permanently delete the user, click Yes in the confirmation dialog box.