Reinforcement Sequence Numbering
Purpose and description
This plugin enables the user to number each rebar, mesh or strand starting for each cast unit or pour object with 1. That way the numbers are drawing based and every cast unit drawing or pour object drawing (GA drawing) starts with 1 for the reinforcements.Back to top
Installing the Reinforcement Sequence Numbering Extension
The installation package can be found here
After the installation, the Reinforcement Sequence Numbering Extension can be found in the component catalog.
Back to top
Using the Reinforcement Sequence Numbering ExtensionThe extension is started from the component catalog by double-clicking on the icon. The following dialog box opens:
Select the reinforcement, parts, cast units or pour units and start the numbering by clicking the "Assign sequence numbers" button.Back to top
Back to top
You can select your saved settings and load them or you type something new and save it under this name.
Assign sequence number to
You can select your saved settings and load them or you can type something new and save it under this name.
The number will be stored in a UDA called “REBAR_SEQ_NO”.Back to top
Clear sequence numbers
This button clears the UDA “REBAR_SEQ_NO” for the selected model objects.
• If one part is selected, only the UDA´s of the reinforcement inside this part will be cleared
• If one cast unit is selected, only the UDA´s of the reinforcement inside this cast unit will be cleared
• If one pour object or unit is selected, only the UDA´s of the reinforcement inside all pours with the same pour number will be cleared
The order controls how changes are handled inside the numbering process.
You have 4 options to choose from:
• Append: New numbers will be appended at the end of the current numbering
• Interpose: New numbers will fill the gaps
• Slide: Gaps will be filled by following numbers and new numbers appended at the end of the current numbering
• Append from Start No.: New numbers will be appended at the start no. entered in the additional field. This field is only available when this option is selected.
Here a small example:
Everything which is selected in the model and is inside this selection filter will be taken into account by the numbering process.
Example: You want to exclude all rebars which have the material "Elektro" or "Undefined". You have to set up the filter like this and save it under a new name.
Option to turn the Tekla numbering on or off.
- If it is turned on, the Tekla numbering will run automatically if needed before the sequence numbers will be assigned.
- If it is turned off, the Tekla numbering will not run before and if the Tekla numbering is not up to date, a warning message appears.
Numbering based on
This option controls if the REBAR_SEQ_NO is created for Cast units or Pour objects.
If rebars in the model have already been numbered with one of these settings, it’s not possible to switch to the other option.
Pours shall always be numbered based on Pour objects and Cast units shall always be numbered based on Cast Units.
• Cast unit: Reinforcement inside the same cast unit will be in one sequence.
• Pour object: Reinforcement inside the pours with the same pour number will be in one sequence.
Clear log file
This option will clear the log file when a new entry is created.
Open log file
This button is available if a log file has been written. The log file is stored inside the model folder.
The log file contains some information, which might be useful to you.
Here is a small example:
Assign sequence numbers
This button starts the numbering process for all selected reinforcements.
• If a reinforcement inside a cast unit is selected, all reinforcement inside this cast unit and all father cast units are numbered.
• If a reinforcement inside a pour object is selected, all reinforcement inside this pour object is numbered. Back to top
This will close the application.
Define the numbering output for drawings and reports
This extension adds a new UDA to the Project UDA tab page. The UDA is called REBAR_NUM_TYPE.
This UDA controls what the custom property CUSTOM.REBAR_NUMBER outputs.
The UDA values are
If the REBAR_NUM_TYPE is not existing, the REBAR_POS is used. The CUSTOM.REBAR_NUMBER is used for meshes, strands, and rebars.
If the UDA is set to:
- REBAR_POS, the Output of the custom property is the REBAR_POS number
- REBAR_SEQ_NO, the Output of the custom property is the REBAR_SEQ_NO number
- SERIAL_NUMBER, the Output of the custom property is the SERIAL_NUMBER number