Wind modeling methods
Wind loads can be applied to Tekla Structural Designer models in a variety of ways. The most appropriate method to use will generally depend on the type and complexity of the structure.
- Wind wizard pressure loading
- Determines detailed local pressures on panels
- Optionally will also apply loads to items marked as "open structure"
- Is country / code specific (not supported for all locations) - in such cases the "simple wind" options below are applicable
- Some users feel it is more time consuming and detailed than is necessary for overall building load consideration - in such cases the "simple wind" options below may be preferable.
- Simple wind pressure loading
- A user defined simple pressure loading profile that can be applied in
- "Paste" option to easily apply height varying pressure profile
- Load application option 1:
- Apply to diaphragms (requires the existence of diaphragms)
- Load application option 2:
- Apply to all windward wall panels and all items marked as "open structure" within the extents of the load projection.
- Potentially could be used where wind load is derived from testing, but generally diaphragm loading is used for this.
- A user defined simple pressure loading profile that can be applied in different ways
- Manual wind loads
- Loads can be manually applied to any member or diaphragm
- Diaphragm loading is commonly used to apply the loads returned from wind tunnel testing, copy/paste functionality supports the rapid application of such loading.