Recommended server specifications for running Tekla Structures on Citrix
Using Tekla Structures together with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops with Azure is a flexible and safe way to quickly add users to Tekla Structures projects without locally installing Tekla Structures.
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops with Azure.
Recommended server specifications:
- A GPU-enabled virtual machine, such as Microsoft Azure N-series.
- Windows Server 2016 operating system or newer.
- At least 64 GB of main memory, or 8–16 GB of main memory for each user, depending on the usage.
- At least 1 Mb/s network bandwidth.
Never use the local disk of the virtual server for saving model folders. Store project data, including environments, on another server in the data center or on a file system inside the company network.
Multiple concurrent clients can share one virtual machine instance. Each
TeklaStructures.exe running on the virtual machine must have a valid license.
For more information, see Using Tekla Structures with application and desktop virtualization.
For more information about installing and setting up Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops with Azure, see the Citrix and Microsoft Azure documentation.