Create customized reports
Reports are template files that are used to display the filtered information from the Tekla EPM database. Tekla EPM automatically looks for the template first in the Custom Report folder set in the Default Directories dialog box, and after that, in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Tekla EPM\Reports folder. You can add a customized report to Tekla EPM by selecting an existing report that you want to use as the basis of the new report, and adding a new template file name in Tekla EPM.
Save the new report template in the custom report folder overwriting the report file name created for the new report that was displayed in the user defined report window. Now your new report is available.
- Open the Report Selection dialog box where you can see the report that you want to use as the basis of the customized report.
- In the upper-left corner of the dialog box, click Edit Report Types.
At the lower-right corner of the Report
Types, click User-Defined Reports.
- In the User-Defined Reports dialog box, click New.
In the Select
Base Report dialog box, double-click the report that you want to use as the basis of the
The base report should contain all the correct tables and information for the new report. This can be achieved by modifying an existing report.
In most cases, either the user who modified the base report or the report that you received tell you which base report you should select.
When you have selected the base report, the file name of the base report appears at the bottom of the User-Defined Reports dialog box.
- Type the desired name and title for the new report.
- In the Filename field, type the desired file name for the new report.
- Click Add.
- To close the User-Defined Reports dialog box, click the Close button (X) in the upper-right corner.
In the Report
Types dialog box, click the > button to move the customized
report to the Included list.
- Click Edit to save the changes.
- Save the new report template in the Custom Report folder with the file name that you defined in the User-Defined Reports dialog box.
The customized report is now available in Tekla EPM.