When you open a drawing , Tekla Structures activates the drawing mode. The ribbon and tabs for the modeling mode are replaced by those of the drawing mode. The model views remain on the screen in the background. When you close the drawing , you automatically return to the modeling mode.
The following image identifies the locations of the controls in the a drawings window:
(1) The File menu contains commands that can be used in the drawing mode.
(2) The ribbon and the tabs mostly contain commands available only for drawings, some commands are common with the modeling mode.
(3)Quick Launch for searching drawing-related commands.
(4) The side pane gives access to macros and other applications that are available in drawings in the Applications & components catalog. The 2D Library for drawings is also located in the side pane.
(5) Snap switches control which points you can snap to and pick.
(6) With selection switches you can scale down the amount of selectable objects.