Create a layout line
Use the Layout Line tool in the Applications & components catalog to create layout lines. Layout lines are created between layout points.
Before you start, ensure that the Select components selection switch is activated. Create layout points in your model.
- In the Applications & components catalog, double-click the Layout Line tool.
Define the properties of the layout line:
Enter a name and a description for the layout line.
If you do not enter a name, Layout manager adds a number as the name.
Enter the diameter of the layout line in the
Layout manager uses the
XS_IMPERIALadvanced option to determine the units. Set
XS_IMPERIALto TRUE to show imperial units.
- Select a color for the layout line.
- Select a group from the list or create a new group by entering a name.
Is Field Line shows if a line is a field line that has been measured on the construction site and imported to Tekla Structures.
- Enter a name and a description for the layout line.
- Pick the first layout point.
Pick the second layout point.
The start point and the end point cannot be in the same location.
The layout line is created.
- On the Manage tab, click Layout manager.
- Click Refresh to show the added line.
You can also add a layout line to a group in Layout manager. First select a group, then select the line in the model. Right-click the group and select Add Selected. Click Refresh to show the line.
To zoom to a layout line in the model, right-click the line in Layout manager and select Zoom selected.
To highlight a layout line in Layout manager, click in Layout manager and select Highlight selected model point. Select Redraw to remove the highlighting.