Create a connection using AutoConnection
Use AutoConnection to have Tekla Structures automatically create connections using the properties of predefined rules. When you use AutoConnection, Tekla Structures ignores the properties in the connection dialog boxes. Tekla Structures does not modify the existing connections.
- In the model, select the parts to connect.
- On the Edit tab, click .
Select the rule groups from the lists on the
Rule groups tab.
1 Rule group for AutoConnection 2 Rule group for AutoDefaults
If needed, go to the
Advanced tab to change the rules used in the framing conditions:
Select the connection in the
Connection selection option:
- AutoConnection applies the connection defined in the rule group that you have selected in the first list on the Rule groups tab.
- None does not create a connection.
- Click Select... to select a connection from the Applications & components catalog. Tekla Structures creates the connection using the default properties.
Select the connection properties in the
Parameters selection option:
- Autodefaults applies the properties of the rule group that you have selected in the first list on the Rule groups tab.
- No autodefaults applies the default connection properties.
- Select the connection in the Connection selection option:
- Click Create connections.
You can also use the Auto connect selected parts macro to automatically create connections using the current properties without opening the AutoConnection dialog box.
Macros are located in the Applications group in the Applications & components catalog.