There are two main types of licenses in Tekla Structures :
Standard (FlexNet) licenses that you activate locally on your license server. These are used for activating most configurations.
Online licenses that are used for activating additional features, such as Tekla Model Sharing and some special configurations, such as Tekla Structures learning and partner configurations.
For online license instructions, see Manage Trimble Identities and Tekla Online licenses.
To get started with standard license administration:
- Make sure you understand how licensing works, see Tekla Structures licensing system.
- Install the license server as explained in Installing Tekla license server.
- Make sure the license server can connect to Trimble's activation server and clients can connect to the license server, see Allowing Tekla license server to operate through Windows Firewall.
- Activate your licenses on the server as explained in Activating Tekla licenses.
- Test that licensing works and connect the clients to the license server as explained in Connect Tekla Structures to the license server.
Additionally, you can ensure that the correct types of licenses are available to the users who most need them by defining access rights for using and borrowing licenses as explained in Modify Tekla license access rights (tekla.opt). This can prevent situations where there are no licenses available for users that need them because someone else has reserved or borrowed a license that they do not really need.
When you renew licenses and when you need to make hardware changes on the license server, you must deactivate your licenses as explained in Deactivating Tekla licenses.
If your licenses have become untrusted or disabled, they cannot be used and you need to repair them. For information about how to do this, see Repair a license.