Modify the shape, grade, dimension, or length of combining items
Use the Global Edit By Shape command to modify the shape, grade, dimension, or length of the selected or filtered items in the Combining dialog box.
- In the Combining dialog box, click the Combining ribbon tab.
- On the menu, select .
- In the Shape list at the top of the Combining Global Edit Filters dialog box, select the shape.
- To only modify specific types of items, select a filter type in the Type list, and click Select.
- In the Filter dialog box, click the arrow buttons to move the items whose properties you want to modify to the Included list.
To further limit the items to be modified, repeat steps 4 to 6 for all necessary filter types.
- At the bottom of the Combining Global Edit Filters dialog box, OK.
In the Global Edit dialog box, select check boxes next to the properties that you want to
You can also use the Un-check All and Check Changed Fields buttons to quickly clear or select check boxes.
Modify the selected properties
in the Global Edit dialog box according to your needs.
For example, you can change the category of the items by selecting an option in the Category list, or type a comment for the items.
- Click Update.
The changes you made to the combining item properties are updated in the Combining dialog box.