Tekla Portal Frame Designer 21 & Tekla Connection Designer 21 Service Pack 1 Release notes
This release will upgrade your Tekla Portal Frame Designer & Tekla Connection Designer installation to version number 126.96.36.199 and should be installed to ensure optimum function of the program. It includes a number of enhancements and issue resolutions as detailed below.
If you are upgrading from a version earlier than Tekla Portal Frame & Tekla Connections Designer 21 (version 188.8.131.52) you can find details of enhancements and fixes included in all previous releases in Tekla User Assistance (TUA) and Tekla Downloads via the links below:
- Tekla User Assistance Main version release notes
- Tekla User Assistance Service Pack release notes
- Tekla Downloads
Licensing & Installation
- Licensing - no new license is required for this version.
- Installation - this service pack requires Tekla Portal Frame Designer 21 & Tekla Connection Designer 21 to be installed and will upgrade the installation to version 184.108.40.206.
- Tekla Structural Designer - if you wish to integrate Tekla Portal Frame Designer 21 and/or Tekla Connection Designer 21 with Tekla Structural Designer you MUST install Tekla Structural Designer 2021 SP1 available from the Tekla Download Service.
Fixes & Enhancements
A number of minor updates and enhancements have been included in this release, including:
- [TSD-4665]1 - When adding wind loading for portal frames to BS 6399, editing values in the dialog such as qs would trigger recalculation of Cpe. However, reduction factors applicable to multi-span portal frames were not being applied correctly. This is corrected in this release.
- [TSD-9256]1 - In Portal Frame Designer, when a combination had Strength load factors for loadcases set to zero, this could cause a crash in the portal frame analysis. With this fix, Strength load factors of zero in any ULS or SLS combinations are no longer allowed.
1 This number is an internal reference number and can be quoted to your local Support Department should further information on an item be required.