Modify system libraries
From time to time, you may need to make changes to your system libraries due to an update or a similar event. To modify system libraries, see the following instructions.
The following only applies to Tedds for Word.
Warning: We strongly recommend that:
- Only a specific group of advanced Tedds users have the authority to modify system libraries.
- You back up the existing libraries and sets before any changes are made.
- You do not make changes to the files in the locations that other Tedds users use. Instead, you should copy the files to a development location and work on these development copies.
Before modifying system libraries
- Ensure that the set and library that you modify are in your development location, and that they are the up-to-date copies.
- Ensure that read-only attributes of the set and library are not set.
- Change the user libraries directory and system libraries directory so that they point to your development location.
Modify system libraries
- Open the set.
Change the set so that it
points to the library as a user library.
For more information, see Change items to point to a different library type.
To ensure that all items are
correctly displayed, do the following:
- To expand a group, select the group and press the * key on the numeric keypad.
- To collapse a group, select the group and press the - key on the numeric keypad.
- Open a new Tedds for Word document.
According to your needs, do
one of the following:
- Write the calculations that you want to add.
- Recall the calculations you want to modify and make the necessary changes.
- Select the calculations that you want to add or modify, and proceed according to the separate instructions.
- Change the set so that it points to the library as a system library.
- Repeat step 3.
- Save the set into your sets directory. and copy it with the system library to a disk or to a central area on your network. In addition, keep the original copies in the original location. Make sure that you backup the original copies of the set and the library.
Copy the set and library to
a disk or to a central area on your network.
Keep the original copies of the set and library in the original location, and remember to back them up.
- If you have selected the Select format and category of item contents setting, select the format in which the item is saved.
The New item properties dialog box appears.
Name the item and select the
library to which you want to add entries.
At this point, the new library is a user library, and the items in the set point to it as a user library.
- According to your needs, determine other details for the new item.
- Click OK.
- To change the details for an entry in the library, click .
- Give the new properties for the item.
- Click OK.
After modifying system libraries
- To protect the files from any accidental damage, set the read-only attribute on the copied set and library file using File Explorer.
Inform other users about
location of the set. Tell them to place the sets in their own sets
directory. If necessary, ask them to copy the system library to their own
system libraries directory.
Note: If your organization uses a central system libraries area, copy the system library to the central system libraries area, and only distribute the set.Other users are now able to access your calculations.
- Change your user libraries directory and system libraries directory, so that they point back to their previous locations.