Tekla Structures 2023 release notes
Welcome to Tekla Structures 2023!
Tekla Structures 2023 continues to improve the user experience. The 2023 version makes it easier for both new and existing users to quickly learn and adopt the software’s time-saving functionalities. The upgraded user experience for working with drawings makes the software easier to learn and use.
Tekla Structures 2023 improves the project communication and advanced detailing in fabrication workflows. In rebar detailing, complex bar shape designs are now easier to communicate to procurement, manufacturing and the construction site. Our customers in steel fabrication now benefit from being able to cover even more detailing options with bolts and holes for specialized industries. The outputs and exports serving detailing for the fabrication of many project and material types have been updated too. Better project location coordinate handling, support for drawing versions in Tekla Model Sharing, and more reliable IFC export improve the project coordination and collaboration.
Check the information below on the many new features and improvements in this version:
- New property pane in drawings
- Show only frequently used properties in the property pane
- Printing improvements
- Slotted holes with offsets, tapped holes, and other bolt hole improvements
- Modeling improvements
- Reinforcement improvements
- Base point improvements
- Drawing improvements
- Improvements in Template Editor, templates, and reports
- Building hierarchy - create and manage levels and spaces
- Tekla Model Sharing improvements
- IFC improvements
- Drawing DWG/DXF export improvements
- Updates in tools for automated precast fabrication
- DSTV NC improvements
- Other interoperability improvements
- Improvements in components
- Improvements in the shape catalog and Shape cleaner
- Changes in advanced options
- Changes in template attributes
- Tekla Structures 2023 fixlist
- 2023 SP1: Important improvements and fixes
- 2023 SP2: Tekla Structures trial subscriptions
- 2023 SP3: New features and improvements
- 2023 SP4: New features and improvements
- 2023 SP5: New features and improvements
- Tekla Structures 2023 administrator's release notes
- Localization release notes
Follow the links below for information on new features, improvements and fixes made in each currently available service pack:
We suggest that you complete any unfinished models using your current version of Tekla Structures.
This version is not backwards compatible. When you create or save a model in Tekla Structures 2023, you cannot open it in older versions due to database differences.
See the hardware recommendations for information on supported operating systems.
Administrator's release notes
Advanced users should read the Tekla Structures administrator's release notes for information on how to apply the additional customizations available in this release.
Localization release notes
Environment-specific changes are explained in the Localization release notes.
Tekla Open API release notes
The Tekla Open API release notes can be found in the Tekla Developer Center.
Release notes summary across Tekla Structures versions
The Release notes summary across Tekla Structures versions provides an overview to the new features and improvements in Tekla Structures versions and service packs for Tekla Structures version 2018 and newer. The summary is available in English only.