Define standardized values for parametric profiles
You can define standardized values for the dimensions of parametric profiles. The standardized values are visible in the profile catalog where you can select suitable dimension values for the profiles.
folder, locate the industry_standard_profiles.inp
The exact file location may vary depending on the folder structure of your environment files.
If there is no industry_standard_profiles.inp file in your environment, you can use the file of the default environment.
- Copy the industry_standard_profiles.inp file and place it in your firm, project, or model folder.
- Open the copied industry_standard_profiles.inp file using any standard text editor, for example, Microsoft Notepad.
Modify the file.
The file has the following format:
- profile and profile subtype
- parameters separated by spaces
- units for each parameter
- standardized values for each parameter.
Each dimension combination has its own row.
- Save the file.
For example, the standardized combinations of dimension values for a C profile are as follows: