Create a standard-part model
A standard-part model contains only standard parts with specific part prefixes. You can use these prefixes when numbering parts in another model. The prefixes that you define will be used as actual part position numbers in the other model.
The standard-part model is only used for comparing parts when you number parts in a project model. It cannot be used for creating parts in the project model.
This functionality only applies to steel parts. Assemblies are not affected.
Create a new model and give it a descriptive name.
For example, StandardParts.
- Create the objects you want to use as standard parts.
Explode all components.
You can explode the components if you plan to delete the unnecessary parts such as duplicate angles and main parts.
- Delete all unnecessary items.
Give the objects part prefixes that are not used elsewhere (for example, STD1, STD2, and so on).
Ensure that the standard-part model does not contain duplicate part prefixes. You do not need to define the assembly prefix or the part or assembly start numbers.
Save the standard-part model.
To use the standard-part model with Tekla Model Sharing, save the standard-part model in a separate folder under the current model folder.
To use the standard-part model with a multi-user model, save the standard-part model so that all users have access to it.
- Open a project model that you wish to number.
- On the File menu, click .
Check that the advanced option
XS_STD_PART_MODEL points to the correct standard-part model.
- On the Drawings & reports tab, click to display the Numbering Setup dialog box.
- If you have selected the Part name check box, ensure that the project model has the same part names as the standard-part model.
- Select the Check for standard parts check box.
- Click Apply to save the changes.
Drawings & reports tab, click
to number the project model.
As the parts are being numbered, Tekla Structures compares all parts in the project model to the standard-part model. Any part prefixes found in the standard-part model are applied to all identical parts found in the project model. The numbering series of the oldest numbered standard part in the project model is applied to all identical parts found in the project model.