Add user attributes to profiles
You can add your own attributes to profiles. For example, you can specify paint layer thickness, define the maximum grain size of concrete, sort out different profile types by material, or create profile aliases for converting imperial profiles to metric and vice versa.
- On the File menu, click to open the Modify Profile Catalog dialog box.
User attributes tab, click
The Modify Profile Properties dialog box appears.
- Click Add to add a new row.
To define a user attribute, click each item on a row.
- In the Profile type list, select a profile type to which the user attribute is applied.
- In the Quantity type list, select the type of information that the user attribute contains, for example, weight, area, ratio, or string.
- In the Order list, define the order in which the user attributes are shown in the dialog box. Larger values are shown first.
Property name list, define a name for the property.
The name is saved in the catalog and can be used in reports and templates. When Property name is used in a template,
PROFILE.PROPERTY_NAMEindicates where the property name appears. For example,
- In the Symbol column, define an abbreviation that can be used for the property, such as Ix or ct.
- In the Label column, define a label for the attribute.
- Click Update.
- Click OK to close the Modify Profile Properties dialog box.