Include single-part drawings in assembly drawings
You can include in assembly drawings single-part drawing views of the individual parts that make the assembly. You can use existing single-part drawings in Document manager or create new single-part drawing views.
- On the Drawings & reports tab, click .
- Load the desired assembly drawing properties.
- Click Layout and go to the Other tab.
Include single-parts to
This activates the Single-part attributes list.
- In the Single-part attributes list, select the desired drawing properties to be used in the single-part view. The properties file standard is the default.
- Click Save to save the drawing properties in the properties file.
- Click OK and create the drawing.
value of the advanced option
how Tekla Structures creates the single-part views. If the option is set to
Tekla Structures will use single-part drawings in the . If it is set to
FALSE, or if there is no existing single-part drawing for a given part, a
new view will be created according to the Include single-parts setting. The default value is
Tekla Structures also maintains the original scale in a single part drawing in an assembly drawing when you set the layout to include single part drawings, and set the option
XS_USE_EXISTING_SINGLE_PART_DRAWINGS_IN_ASSEMBLY_DRAWINGS is set to
TRUE. If you do not want to maintain the scale of the existing single part drawing, set the advanced option
XS_USE_EXISTING_SINGLE_PART_DRAWINGS_SCALE can be set to
FALSE. If you do this, thee scale of the included single part drawing will follow the scale of the assembly drawing, or advanced option
XS_SINGLE_SCALE if it is set.
The following advanced options all affect how the single-part drawing views behave: