Rebar shape manager in reinforcement shape recognition
You can define your own bar bending shapes and assign shape codes with
Rebar shape manager, and thus increase the amount of recognized bar shapes. User-defined bending shapes are useful when
Tekla Structures does not recognize the bending shape and assigns the
UNKNOWN bending type to the shape.
Rebar shape manager is meant for users who need to customize the bending shapes according to company or project requirements.
With Rebar shape manager you can:
- Customize the existing bending shapes and create new bending shapes.
- Establish your own rules for defining the bending shapes.
- Compare selected bars in the model to the existing bending shapes.
- Customize your own dimension mappings that are used in templates and reports.
- Import and export user-defined bending shapes.
- Use user-defined bending shapes in bending schedules and pull-out pictures.
Rebar shape manager is a tool for recognizing reinforcing bar shapes. You cannot control the reinforcing bar creation properties, such as cover thickness, reinforcing bar grade, or size, with this tool.