Classify reinforcement to layers
To be able to show in drawings what is the order of different reinforcement layers near a surface of a concrete part, you need to classify reinforcement in the model. You can do this by using the Rebar classification macro.
Rebar classification classifies the reinforcing bars and reinforcement meshes by their order of depth in concrete slabs and panels. The reinforcing bars and meshes get an attribute indicating the layer where they are placed inside the concrete part.
- Click the Applications & components button in the side pane to open the Applications & components catalog.
- Click the arrow next to Applications to open the applications list.
- Double-click Rebar classification to start the macro.
Rebar classification dialog box:
- Enter the prefixes that you want to use for the reinforcement layers near the top, bottom, front, and back surfaces of the concrete parts.
Select whether you want to classify
All objects or
If you select Selected objects, select the reinforcement or the concrete parts containing the reinforcement that you want to classify.
Preview to view the properties of the reinforcement in each layer.
The layers are named using the relevant surface prefix and numbered starting from the surface.
- If you do not want to classify a reinforcement, select it from the list and click Delete item.
To save the classification attributes of the reinforcement, do one of the following:
- Click Modify to also keep the Rebar classification dialog box open.
- Click OK to also close the Rebar classification dialog box.
- In a drawing, run the Rebar layering marker macro to create layer-specific markers for reinforcement.